Another, equally high-quality product that we grow is kiwi fruit. The fertile soil and microclimate of our region lend a special flavor to kiwi fruit from our parts. The state-
of-the-art installations at our farms, with anti-hail protection systems, ensure the consistent quality of our produce. Kiwi is a fruit bursting with vitamins and trace elements that are vital for the human body. It is an enjoyable snack year-round, and just one kiwi counts for one of the five daily portions of fruit and vegetables that we must consume every day. Kiwi fruit are rich in potassium – in fact, they contain the same amount of potassium that is found in bananas. They are also rich in vitamin C. With just one kiwi fruit, you more than cover the recommended daily dose of vitamin C! Oranges may be known for being high in vitamin C, but kiwi fruit actually have an even higher content. Kiwi fruit are also an excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin E, which are both necessary for healthy, glowing skin. Furthermore, the tiny black seeds in kiwi are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are very important for a healthy heart. Kiwi fruit are also an excellent natural source of folic acid.
Kiwi fruit and health benefits:
- Digestive system: Kiwi are rich in dietary fibers, which help combat bloating and constipation. Furthermore, research has linked consuming kiwi fruit with a rapid decrease in the risk for colon cancer.
- Antioxidant properties: Kiwi fruit contain large quantities of antioxidants. Vitamin C, of which they have a very high content, is one of the most important water-soluble antioxidants that protect against free radicals.
- Asthma: Research has shown that eating kiwi fruit on a regular basis as part of a balanced diet rich in fruit and vegetables protects especially children from suffering asthma attacks.
- Chronic diseases: As is true for other fruit and vegetables, eating kiwi on a regular basis helps reduce the risk for developing chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, type-2 diabetes, and obesity.
- Vision: Kiwi fruit are rich in lutein; in fact, they have one of the highest lutein concentrations compared to other fruit and vegetables. Research has shown that they help prevent ophthalmological problems and vision impairment associated with aging.
- Cholesterol: Kiwi fruit, like all fruits and vegetables, when consumed on a regular basis effectively reduce bad cholesterol, protecting the cardiovascular system.